Thanks for your interest in Clutter Moving & Storage! We've collected the most frequently asked questions and put the answers all in one place for your convenience!
How much does it cost to book a reservation?
It’s $0 to book your reservation and free to cancel or reschedule up to 48 hours prior to your appointment (otherwise, a $100 fee will apply).
How much do I pay upfront?
$0 due upfront! It costs you absolutely nothing to book your reservation. You’ll be asked to enter your credit card information and create a password for your account.
Will I get charged for canceling or rescheduling my move?
Cancel or reschedule anytime up to 48 hours prior to your appointment. For example, if your appointment is on Friday, the 15th at 9am, then you have until Wednesday, the 13th at 9am to cancel or reschedule your appointment without any penalties or fees. Canceling or rescheduling within 48 hours of your appointment will result in a $100 fee. If an appointment is canceled or rescheduled on the day-of, there is $200 fee.
When do I get charged for my appointment?
For our Smart Storage service, you are not billed until the completion of the appointment. For Moving appointments, a 10% deposit of your estimated total will be due 48 hours prior to your move date for short-haul appointments and 5 days prior to your move date for long-distance appointments. This deposit will go towards the final move cost, billed after the move is completed!
For both services, a pre-authorization check will occur a week prior to the scheduled appointment date to ensure sufficient funds on the card for the estimated cost of the first appointment.
How much will my move cost?
Start a quote on Clutter.com to review pricing options for Smart Storage & Moving - once a quote is completed, you will see the pricing details. If you have an appointment scheduled already, login to your online Account Portal and select the drop-down menu titled Account Details. This section will review all Smart Storage pricing information for your account. For Moving, select the Home Page or the Appointments tab to review the pricing structure there! For the most granular estimate we can provide, we highly recommend completing the Virtual Walkthrough to list what we are moving/storage and provide a time estimate for the appointment.
Does Clutter offer protection plans for my items?
Included with every move is our Basic protection plan which covers $1 per pound. If you’re looking for full coverage, ask us about our upgraded protection plans so that you have complete peace of mind. You can also use your own insurance. In case of damaged items (which is rare for us), we seek to settle claims as quickly as possible.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit & debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. We do not accept any prepaid cards as the default card on file.
Does Clutter offer packing help?
You bet! Our packing service is billed using an hourly rate multiplied by the time it takes to pack. For the vast majority of moves, we're able to get you fully packed from start to finish on the day of your move. In some special circumstances, we can send out our professional packers a day in advance for large appointments.
- Disassembly – Beds, legs, wheels, TV stands, lampshades, Ikea furniture, etc.
- Smart & Flat-screen TVs – Protected and packed in oversized LCD/plasma/LED box
- Wardrobe Clothes – Hung and packed into a Clutter wardrobe box
- Standard sized Mirrors – Protected and packed in cardboard box
- Lamps – Packed in lamp box with shade removed and wrapped
- Paintings – Protected and packed in cardboard or picture crate
- Small Art Sculptures – Protected and packed in sturdy cardboard box
- Computers – Wrapped and packed in cardboard box and kept flat
- Electronics – Wrapped and packed in cardboard box with bundled cabling alongside it
- Mattresses – Wrapped in plastic wrapping protection
- Couches & Chairs – Wrapped in moving blankets and tapped for protection
- Tables – Disassembled & wrapped in blankets with cardboard crating for the glass
- Armoires – Disassembled & double wrapped in blankets
- Floors – On your moving day, we ensure that we carefully tread and carry your items to protect your floors
- Corners – Protection on the corners of walls to prevent scuffing in both your old home and on arrival at your new location
- Hallways – Before we start moving items we add protection to the hallway passages as appropriate, to prevent damage
- Doorways – We carefully maneuver items to shield frames from scratches
- Kitchen which includes glassware, plates, cutlery, utensils, knife blocks, baking trays, pots, pans, chopping boards, cleaning products and appliances such as toasters, kettles, mixers and blenders
- Living Room which includes TV, sound system, books, pot plants, lamps, heaters, decor, pillows, artwork and curtains
- Wardrobe which includes clothing, shoes, jackets, accessories. As most homes have multiple wardrobes these are packed separately and labeled clearly.
- Bedroom which includes pillows, bedlinen, photos and momentos, lamps, fans, bedside tables, kids toys and curtains.
- Study which includes important documents, tech equipment and devices, books, storage furniture, certificates, lamps and wall art
- Bathroom which includes toiletries, makeup, towels, appliances like electric razors and blow dryers
- Garage which includes shelving, outdoor equipment, large appliances like leaf blowers and vacuum cleaners, luggage, bicycles and tools
Can I purchase boxes and supplies from Clutter?
No, we do not currently sell packing materials for sale or advanced delivery.
What if I need more than two movers?
We have you covered! Clutter will send the appropriate amount of movers needed to service your appointment in a timely manner. Prior to your appointment, you'll be invited to complete a Virtual Walkthrough inside your online Account Portal which is essential to providing our Live Operations team with the items we are handling to dispatch the appropriate mover count.
In some cases, you may be able to increase your mover count inside the online Account Portal.
How much does it cost to request items back from storage?
To remove items from storage, you can schedule a delivery. The cost of the delivery will depend on the number of items, as well as the date and level of assistance you choose. The exact rate will be provided inside your online Account Portal!