Thanks for your interest in Clutter Moving & Storage! We've collected the most frequently asked questions and put the answers all in one place for your convenience!
How much does it cost to book a reservation?
It’s $0 to book your reservation and free to cancel or reschedule up to 48 hours prior to your appointment (otherwise, a $100 fee will apply). Your deposit will be 10% of your estimated total, due 48 hours prior to your move date and applied toward your final bill once your move is complete.
How much do I pay upfront?
$0 due upfront! It costs you absolutely nothing to book your reservation. You’ll be asked to enter your credit card information and create a password for your account.
Will I get charged for canceling or rescheduling my move?
Absolutely not! Cancel or reschedule anytime up to 48 hours prior to your appointment. For example, if your appointment is on Friday, the 15th at 9am, then you have until Wednesday, the 13th at 9am to cancel or reschedule your appointment without any penalties or fees. Canceling or rescheduling within 48 hours of your appointment will result in a $100 fee.
When do I get charged for my move?
Don’t worry – you won’t be charged a deposit until 48 hours prior to your appointment. Your deposit will be 10% of your estimated move cost (typically between $50 to $200). Your deposit will be applied toward your final bill which won’t be charged until AFTER your move is complete.
How much will my move cost?
Your move is billed at an hourly rate which is based on the number of movers we send out for the job. Each job has a 3-hour minimum requirement. After the 3-hour minimum, your final bill will be prorated in 15-minute increments. Per CA state law, we are required to charge “double drive time” which is the time it takes to drive from your pickup location to your dropoff location, multiplied by two. Please note that all CA moving companies must adhere to this law.
Does Clutter offer protection plans for my items?
Included with every move is our Basic protection plan which covers $0.60 per pound. If you’re looking for full coverage, ask us about our upgraded protection plans so that you have complete peace of mind. You can also use your own insurance. In case of damaged items (which is rare for us), we guarantee your claim will be processed within 48 hours – the fastest in the biz.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
Does Clutter offer packing help?
You betcha! Our packing service is billed using an hourly rate multiplied by the time it takes to pack. For the vast majority of moves, we're able to get you fully packed from start to finish on the day of your move. In some special circumstances, we can send out our professional packers a day in advance.
- Disassembly – Beds, legs, wheels, TV stands, lampshades, Ikea furniture, etc.
- Smart & Flat-screen TVs – Protected and packed in oversized LCD/plasma/LED box
- Wardrobe Clothes – Hung and packed into a Clutter wardrobe box
- Standard sized Mirrors – Protected and packed in cardboard box
- Lamps – Packed in lamp box with shade removed and wrapped
- Paintings – Protected and packed in cardboard or picture crate
- Small Art Sculptures – Protected and packed in sturdy cardboard box
- Computers – Wrapped and packed in cardboard box and kept flat
- Electronics – Wrapped and packed in cardboard box with bundled cabling alongside it
- Mattresses – Wrapped in plastic wrapping protection
- Couches & Chairs – Wrapped in moving blankets and tapped for protection
- Tables – Disassembled & wrapped in blankets with cardboard crating for the glass
- Armoires – Disassembled & double wrapped in blankets
- Floors – On your moving day, we ensure that we carefully tread and carry your items to protect your floors
- Corners – Protection on the corners of walls to prevent scuffing in both your old home and on arrival at your new location
- Hallways – Before we start moving items we add protection to the hallway passages as appropriate, to prevent damage
- Doorways – We carefully maneuver items to shield frames from scratches
- Kitchen which includes glassware, plates, cutlery, utensils, knife blocks, baking trays, pots, pans, chopping boards, cleaning products and appliances such as toasters, kettles, mixers and blenders
- Living Room which includes TV, sound system, books, pot plants, lamps, heaters, decor, pillows, artwork and curtains
- Wardrobe which includes clothing, shoes, jackets, accessories. As most homes have multiple wardrobes these are packed separately and labeled clearly.
- Bedroom which includes pillows, bedlinen, photos and momentos, lamps, fans, bedside tables, kids toys and curtains.
- Study which includes important documents, tech equipment and devices, books, storage furniture, certificates, lamps and wall art
- Bathroom which includes toiletries, makeup, towels, appliances like electric razors and blow dryers
- Garage which includes shelving, outdoor equipment, large appliances like leaf blowers and vacuum cleaners, luggage, bicycles and tools
Can I purchase boxes and supplies from Clutter?
For cheaper than Home Depot or Lowe’s, you can purchase box kits from Clutter that we will bring to you on the day of your move. Our box kits range from $54 to $299 depending on the size of your kit. Let us know if you’d like to add a box kit to your order and we’ll help you pick the right size.
What if I need more than two movers?
We have you covered! Clutter can send up to 5 movers and two trucks to your home if needed. Prior to your appointment, you'll be invited to complete a virtual walkthrough call on FaceTime or Zoom so that we can be sure to send out the right number of movers.
- $187.00 per hour including 2 movers with a truck (recommended for studio or 1-bedroom apartment)
- $231.00 per hour including 3 movers with a truck (recommended for 2-3-bedroom home or apartment)
- $290.00 per hour including 4 movers with a truck (recommended for 3-4-bedroom home and apartment, or if you need full packing service)
- $348.00 per hour including 5 movers with 2 trucks (recommended for large 3-4-bedroom home)
How much does it cost to request items back from storage?
To remove items from storage, you can schedule a delivery. The cost of the delivery will depend on the number of items, as well as the date and level of assistance you choose. Typically, these appointments cost $49 plus $9 per item and vary by region. Choosing a specific delivery date may require you to pay an additional fee, starting at $20.